Sailing from the heart of Portsmouth
- Classic wooden and GRP composite boats
- Shore-side facilities in the heart of Old Portsmouth
- Affordable, competitive club racing 3 days a week
- Dedicated class start at Cowes Week
- Socialise at Portsmouth Sailing Club
1st Saturday TrophySat 19 Aug 2017
Z50, Zara, is reluctantly for sale due to family commitments.
VICTORY Z50 ZARA – built 1948
Sale due to new family and time commitments.
- Camper and Nicholson Built
- Regular Championship, Series and Race Winner.
- Currently owned for 8 years and taken from restoration project to winner.
- Keel bolts replaced
- Frames repaired
- Re-clenched bow to thwart.
- Stripped to wood, inside and out
- Mast and boom stripped twice
- Deck and seats painted with KIWI Grip for solid footing
- All standing and running rigging replaced
- Extensive re-fit
- All varnish removed from inner hull and replaced with breathable paints or stains allowing the wood to dry out and prevent rot
- Several suits of sails. One Brand new (unused) suit available (negotiable)
- Tender & engine.
Priced to sell with offers over £2,000.
For further information please contact Clive Cokayne firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07989418932.
Z79 offers aunique opportunity to enter the exciting world of Victory sailing with a brand new GRP boat fully fitted out for racing, including a full set of sails.
Zing was commissioned by the Victory Class to ensure that a top class, racing-ready new Victory would be available to potential new owners wanting to get on the water without delay.
Zing was fully fitted out for racing by David Heritage and tuned and set up by Shaun Hopkins. She is fully compliant with the European Recreational Craft Directive (RCD). She has been tried and tested in the Victory Class course in one race, which she won decisively. Since then, Zing has been laid up and is being maintained to its build standard and is ready to sail immediately.
There are only two photos of Z79 in existence, both of which are shown here, however she is built to identical standards as Z78 which is also pictured here and is available to view and test sail.
Viewing by appointment. Ring Hugh
Pringle on 07973 176501 or email email@example.com
Some pictures from the final race at Cowes Week 2017. A breezy week but, as ever, there was close racing everyday with just seconds frequently dividing boats after 3 hour races. Pictures courtesy of Phil Jones.
Isabel has been sold to a new owner. If you're interested in joining the Victory Class please contact us and there maybe boats available that are not on the site.
Isabel is a well-loved Victory, looked after with care and attention by the current owners and is now for sale. Isabel has had everything she could need over the years and is now looking for a new owner (s) who will continue to sail her.Due to a lack of time we have made the decision to sell.
· 1948 Hamper built
· 1989 John Perry refit
· 2008 Andrew Oliver refit (details on
· Minimum weight hull (+5kgs with correctors)
· New GRP deck covering (2016)
- Full Harken fit out
· Fully adjustable jib car system led to the
middle of the boat.
· Double mainsheet / kicker system
· Raised Mainsheet
· Central Backstay system, Cunningham, Outhaul
systems all led to the middle of the boat
· Jib and main halyard purchase systems and fine
tunes on both.
· All harken blocks throughout
John Perry mast and boom (totally stripped and re-varnished in 2015)
- Lightweight low drag mast
fittings + spares
- Carbon spinnaker pole +
John Perry wooden spare
- 2017 standing rigging +
full set of spare (2009) standing rigging – Performance Rigging
- 2017 running rigging and
strops + full set of 2015 & 2016 spares. All custom splicing by TT
- Tacktick + custom teak mast fitting
· 2017 full set of Batt sails (Cowes 2017)
· 2014 full set of Batt sails (2 Cowes weeks + 5
· 2009 set of Batt upwind sails and a Hood
1 electric pump including batteries and spares, solarpanel, 1 fixed manual pump, 2 paddles and engine bracket, 3.5hp Honda engine, Anchor, hand held VHF, chain and bucket, All safety kit in date. Isabel has her own mooring strop and retrieval buoy which is removed from the mooring in the winter. The sails have a long sail bag for winter storage which also holds the boom and spinnaker poles. 2015 cockpit cover + spare (2014), Custom toe straps, spinnaker bags and nav bag. Full laid up cover and yard covers. 2 custom foam fenders, (2014), Mast and boom winter covers.
Quick Rig settings as part of sale.
- 2012 top VCPR in class. 2013 laid up ashore and undercover. 2nd
- in VCPR including a 2nd and 3rd in Cowes 2016. Winner of the Taylor trophy and 2nd
- in 1st Tuesday series 2017.
- Full set of spares included in price (ropes/fittings/spare blocks)
- Various mooring warps.
- Antifoul, boot top, varnish and filler included in this price (2 large boxes of paint and
- Afloat on class moorings 2017
- Full fit out history since our ownership (2007) available
- A great opportunity to purchase a well optimised and quick Victory
£3,000.00 Or Nearest Offer.
Viewing by appointment
Contact: Malcolm Stewart. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile - 07801 656943
The Victory Class is holding an Open Day on Monday May 28, 2018, in the Camber (next to BAR) where you can try out sailing a Victory, meet some members, and get a feel for why we get 20 boats out for mid-week racing.
Further details to follow soon.
Please find below and on the attachment details on the Cowes Week Socials
VICTORY CLASS SOCIAL EVENTS 2017
Monday 31st July
A Visit to David Heritage Yachts – Our Class Boat Builder
Buses run every 10-15 minutes at around £3.50 return trip.
Alternatively take a taxi.
17.00 Start at DHRY and a scheduled return at 19.00 – 19.30.
Thursday 3rd August
Victory Class Dinner at The Royal London YC
- MENU -
- Ballantine of Hampshire New Forest Pork, Spiced Fruit Piccalilli -
- Home-Made Crisp Bread -
- Isle of Wight Rack of Lamb Baby Root Vegetables -
- Rosemary and Garlic Potato Rosti -
- Lemon Tart and Raspberry Parfait - or - Cheese and Biscuits -
- Port and Coffee –
(Vegetarian options available - please contact Drew in advance)
(Please advise at time of booking your dessert choice)
19.30 onwards £38.00 pp
Call or e-mail Drew Robertson-Young for further information.
T: 07802 653753 E: email@example.com
Reservations essential – guests very welcome