Sailing from the heart of Portsmouth
- Classic wooden and GRP composite boats
- Shore-side facilities in the heart of Old Portsmouth
- Affordable, competitive club racing 3 days a week
- Dedicated class start at Cowes Week
- Socialise at Portsmouth Sailing Club
Evening seriesResults pending 1st Tuesday 2nd Tuesday Harbour 1st Thursday 2nd Thursday 3rd Thursday Tuesday twilight Friday Candlelight Twilight/Candlelight overall Multi-Race
Saturday/Sunday seriesResults pending Helmsman Cup Presidents Shield Saturday Trophy Underwood Trophy
Special races/seriesResults pending Portsmouth Regatta Solstice Regatta Pursuit Cowes Week Fleet Cowes Passage Feltham Visitors Race
Members racesResults pending Crews Single handed
A selection of photos taken by Geoff Dixon at the Victory Class Prize giving
Z50, Zara, is reluctantly for sale due to family commitments.
VICTORY Z50 ZARA – built 1948
Sale due to new family and time commitments.
- Camper and Nicholson Built
- Regular Championship, Series and Race Winner.
- Currently owned for 8 years and taken from restoration project to winner.
- Keel bolts replaced
- Frames repaired
- Re-clenched bow to thwart.
- Stripped to wood, inside and out
- Mast and boom stripped twice
- Deck and seats painted with KIWI Grip for solid footing
- All standing and running rigging replaced
- Extensive re-fit
- All varnish removed from inner hull and replaced with breathable paints or stains allowing the wood to dry out and prevent rot
- Several suits of sails. One Brand new (unused) suit available (negotiable)
- Tender & engine.
Priced to sell with offers over £2,000.
For further information please contact Clive Cokayne firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07989418932.
Z79 offers aunique opportunity to enter the exciting world of Victory sailing with a brand new GRP boat fully fitted out for racing, including a full set of sails.
Zing was commissioned by the Victory Class to ensure that a top class, racing-ready new Victory would be available to potential new owners wanting to get on the water without delay.
Zing was fully fitted out for racing by David Heritage and tuned and set up by Shaun Hopkins. She is fully compliant with the European Recreational Craft Directive (RCD). She has been tried and tested in the Victory Class course in one race, which she won decisively. Since then, Zing has been laid up and is being maintained to its build standard and is ready to sail immediately.
There are only two photos of Z79 in existence, both of which are shown here, however she is built to identical standards as Z78 which is also pictured here and is available to view and test sail.
Viewing by appointment. Ring Hugh
Pringle on 07973 176501 or email email@example.com