Victorious | Sailing & racing
News and updates on our exploits and rivalries…
Z50, Zara, is reluctantly for sale due to family commitments.
VICTORY Z50 ZARA – built 1948
Sale due to new family and time commitments.
- Camper and Nicholson Built
- Regular Championship, Series and Race Winner.
- Currently owned for 8 years and taken from restoration project to winner.
- Keel bolts replaced
- Frames repaired
- Re-clenched bow to thwart.
- Stripped to wood, inside and out
- Mast and boom stripped twice
- Deck and seats painted with KIWI Grip for solid footing
- All standing and running rigging replaced
- Extensive re-fit
- All varnish removed from inner hull and replaced with breathable paints or stains allowing the wood to dry out and prevent rot
- Several suits of sails. One Brand new (unused) suit available (negotiable)
- Tender & engine.
Priced to sell with offers over £2,000.
For further information please contact Clive Cokayne email@example.com or on 07989418932.
Z79 offers aunique opportunity to enter the exciting world of Victory sailing with a brand new GRP boat fully fitted out for racing, including a full set of sails.
Zing was commissioned by the Victory Class to ensure that a top class, racing-ready new Victory would be available to potential new owners wanting to get on the water without delay.
Zing was fully fitted out for racing by David Heritage and tuned and set up by Shaun Hopkins. She is fully compliant with the European Recreational Craft Directive (RCD). She has been tried and tested in the Victory Class course in one race, which she won decisively. Since then, Zing has been laid up and is being maintained to its build standard and is ready to sail immediately.
There are only two photos of Z79 in existence, both of which are shown here, however she is built to identical standards as Z78 which is also pictured here and is available to view and test sail.
Viewing by appointment. Ring Hugh
Pringle on 07973 176501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some pictures from the final race at Cowes Week 2017. A breezy week but, as ever, there was close racing everyday with just seconds frequently dividing boats after 3 hour races. Pictures courtesy of Phil Jones.
The Victory Class is holding an Open Day on Monday May 28, 2018, in the Camber (next to BAR) where you can try out sailing a Victory, meet some members, and get a feel for why we get 20 boats out for mid-week racing.
Further details to follow soon.
Please find below and on the attachment details on the Cowes Week Socials
VICTORY CLASS SOCIAL EVENTS 2017
Monday 31st July
A Visit to David Heritage Yachts – Our Class Boat Builder
Buses run every 10-15 minutes at around £3.50 return trip.
Alternatively take a taxi.
17.00 Start at DHRY and a scheduled return at 19.00 – 19.30.
Thursday 3rd August
Victory Class Dinner at The Royal London YC
- MENU -
- Ballantine of Hampshire New Forest Pork, Spiced Fruit Piccalilli -
- Home-Made Crisp Bread -
- Isle of Wight Rack of Lamb Baby Root Vegetables -
- Rosemary and Garlic Potato Rosti -
- Lemon Tart and Raspberry Parfait - or - Cheese and Biscuits -
- Port and Coffee –
(Vegetarian options available - please contact Drew in advance)
(Please advise at time of booking your dessert choice)
19.30 onwards £38.00 pp
Call or e-mail Drew Robertson-Young for further information.
T: 07802 653753 E: email@example.com
Reservations essential – guests very welcome
Saturday 20th May new series starts for the Presidents Shield.
Come & join in!
Rosina leaves her berth at 12.45.
Hope to see you out on the water.
Victory Yard and Sheds
We have several maintenance tasks taking place in the yard this Summer to improve the work spaces and ensure our safety:
- A new electrical meter box and the external LED lighting has already been replaced (Thanks Ron) and we will be fitting all new LED shed lighting soon and refurbishing power points and locations to save too many training leads.
- Additional mast storage rigging will be installed in both sheds.
- 2 Victories in the yard are due to be removed to make more space for active boats.
- Victories in the yard with masts will be derigged.
- There will be a major clear out of surplus items -appreciate your support to identify items.
Our Risk Assessment for the yard (displayed on notice board) has been reviewed and an updated 2017 copy will be circulated to all members.
Please take time to read confirm your understanding of the hazards, risks and mitigation.
As always keen to receive your feedback, comments, concerns and improvement opportunities.
The key issue we have is keeping the refit spaces clean and tidy, please remove and dispose of your rubbish or scrap items regularly.
Any items you wish to keep must be clearly labelled with Z No.
Please always ensure the sheds and yardare securely padlocked when you leave the yard, even for a short time.
Keys are available from Ian if and when required at £5.
Victory Yard Manager