Posts by Gareth Penn
A selection of photos taken by Geoff Dixon at the Victory Class Prize giving
The class will refund the cost of one entry to Cowes Week 2018 with a draw held at the EGM.
Cowes Week is yet to open entries for 2018 so if you enter through the Class before the EGM we will fix the cost at £310 and enter for you. A draw will then be held at the EGM and the winner will have their £310 refunded!
Enter now, save money!
Last year the early bird discount cost was £315 so the offer through the Class is sure to save you money and you may get your entry for free!
What do I have to do?
To take advantage of this offer, and to enter into the draw, please email Russell Mead with your entry details (boat number, owner name) and transfer £310 to the Class bank account by 6.30pm on Friday 24th November.
Terms & Conditions
- Victory entry only, not transferable to other classes
- Excludes mooring fees
- Entry to prize draw is only valid once funds have been transfered into the Class bank account (please use your boat number as reference)
- Should Cowes Week's entry fees be lower than £310 the difference will be refunded
VICTORY CLASS LIMITED
Notice is hereby given that an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING will be held in the Jack Ashdown Room PORTSMOUTH SAILING CLUB
on Friday 24 November 2017 at 1900
- Apologies for Absence
- Approve Minutes of the AGM held on 12 April 2017 and EGM held on 30 November 2016
- Matters Arising
- Class Captain’s Report
- To approve the Treasurers Budget Proposal for the year 2018
- Sub. Committee Reports for the 2017 season
- To approve and vote on Nominations for the Class Committee for the year 2018 -attached (nomination window between 3 and twenty one days before the date of the meeting)
- To discuss matters suggested by the Directors and by members (formal proposals may be submitted to the Class Secretary up to 14 days prior to the date of this the meeting)
- Any other business
If you would like copies of the documents to be presented at the EGM, eg financials statements etc please contact Gareth Penn
Z50, Zara, is reluctantly for sale due to family commitments.
VICTORY Z50 ZARA – built 1948
Sale due to new family and time commitments.
- Camper and Nicholson Built
- Regular Championship, Series and Race Winner.
- Currently owned for 8 years and taken from restoration project to winner.
- Keel bolts replaced
- Frames repaired
- Re-clenched bow to thwart.
- Stripped to wood, inside and out
- Mast and boom stripped twice
- Deck and seats painted with KIWI Grip for solid footing
- All standing and running rigging replaced
- Extensive re-fit
- All varnish removed from inner hull and replaced with breathable paints or stains allowing the wood to dry out and prevent rot
- Several suits of sails. One Brand new (unused) suit available (negotiable)
- Tender & engine.
Priced to sell with offers over £2,000.
For further information please contact Clive Cokayne email@example.com or on 07989418932.
Z79 offers aunique opportunity to enter the exciting world of Victory sailing with a brand new GRP boat fully fitted out for racing, including a full set of sails.
Zing was commissioned by the Victory Class to ensure that a top class, racing-ready new Victory would be available to potential new owners wanting to get on the water without delay.
Zing was fully fitted out for racing by David Heritage and tuned and set up by Shaun Hopkins. She is fully compliant with the European Recreational Craft Directive (RCD). She has been tried and tested in the Victory Class course in one race, which she won decisively. Since then, Zing has been laid up and is being maintained to its build standard and is ready to sail immediately.
There are only two photos of Z79 in existence, both of which are shown here, however she is built to identical standards as Z78 which is also pictured here and is available to view and test sail.
Viewing by appointment. Ring Hugh
Pringle on 07973 176501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Victory Class is holding an Open Day on Monday May 28, 2018, in the Camber (next to BAR) where you can try out sailing a Victory, meet some members, and get a feel for why we get 20 boats out for mid-week racing.
Further details to follow soon.